Hot water in our home is something we tend to take for granted. But when you find that the water in your house isn’t getting hot, you begin to wonder whether it’s time to replace your hot water system. Before you jump to this conclusion, there are some necessary checks you should be doing.
Reasons for No Hot Water
Here we take a look at some common reasons why you may not have hot water in your house:
- The Pilot Light- This is one of the most straightforward hot water problem fixes. Check the water heater to ensure the pilot light is on (the location of the pilot light will be mentioned on your owner’s manual). If the pilot light is not on, follow the manufacturer’s instructions on how to re-light it.
- Leak In The Gas Hot Water Heaters- If you are using a gas hot water heater, a leakage in the gas line may be the culprit. Check whether there is a distinct rotten egg smell in the area around the water heater. It’s crucial to understand that this can be a hazardous situation, and you need to call in a licensed gas plumbing professional without delay.
- Old Heating Element- If you do not have sufficient hot water, or only warm water is coming from the unit, you may need to replace the heating element.
- Sediment Build-up- Over time, various contaminants in the water can build-up at the bottom of this water heater. This reduces its ability to produce sufficient hot water. You can tackle this issue by cleaning the system regularly. Consider using a water softening agent if you have hard water. You can also reduce the water heater’s temperature to 130 degrees.
- Rusting Tank- If you have noticed reddish-brown water coming from the unit, it means the tank is rusty. In this case, you’d have to replace your water heater.
- Thermostat Problems– If you do not have sufficient hot water, check the thermostat. Make sure it’s set to the right temperature. If it is, but you still don’t have hot water, you would need to replace that component of the system.
Regular Water Heater Maintenance Is Essential
Making sure that your water heater operates as it should and meets your family’s hot water needs is to get it serviced with regularity. Licensed plumbers like the ones at our company can handle the regular maintenance of these systems at specific intervals. However, if you notice any issues with the unit, never delay in calling us.
Timely fixes by experts like us help ensure that the problem does not escalate and that you do not have to spend large amounts of money on complicated repairs down the track. For any more information call Hero Plumbing at this number- 1300 437 688. We are available 24/7 and offer affordable plumbing services. You can also book online by clicking here, or request a free quote through this form and we will revert shortly.